BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 11, 2010

Update on my grandpa!

Before I say anything, I just want to thank everyone for all of their prayers and support throughout this entire journey with my Grandpa. It has truly been a tough couple of years with so many different medical issues. I never knew how complicated things could get. WOW! Praise the Lord for all the knowledgeable nurses and doctors that are in this world who can help so many people like my grandpa. My family has been through so much through this entire process and I am so thankful that we are all here together to be with one another and bring so much comort in each others presense.

My grandpa was put on hospice care Wednesday and they are so amazing. A friend of my Aunt Carol told her that hospice is like angels on earth and that is so true. We really don't know where we would be today without them. Praise God for them and their kind spirit and their incredible amount of compassion. It is just a matter of time and we are all just sitting around waiting. This has been such an emotionally draining week for us all. Please continue to pray that as a family we can keep each other going and strong and pray that we all continue to seek the Lord. One real lesson that I've been learning is what God's timing really. We all want my grandpa to go because it's obvious his life is ending and he fought the good fight and it's time for him to live with his Heavenly Father! But we are just waiting on God's timing in this. We want him to go, but I guess God has another plan for now. I'm so blessed to have such an amazing family who has been able to come together and be such a great team!

Please also pray that he continues to be comfortable that he goes peacefully.

I've been staying with my grandma the past couple nights and I will be again tonight. I'm sorry if you've tried to call or text me and I have not responded. Please know that I get them, but may not always want to talk or have time to talk. It really does mean so much to me! This has been really hard and I'm really focusing on these times with my Grandpa. One other personal request besides prayer... I love getting verses sent to me. I have my Bible with me and in the time of just sitting around I love looking things up. So if you come across something that you would like to share either comment on the blog or send me a text. I love you all and I will try and keep you updated whenever I can!

I know that Grandpa is in God's hands and I'm so thankful that I can rest in knowing that!! I am so blessed to be a part of this family and to be this amazing mans granddaughter! I love him so much and I'm so proud of him for all that he has gone through!

0 comments: