BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 8, 2010

God is at Work

College has been incredible so far! I'm loving Lipscomb and the city of Nashville is just amazing!! I feel so blessed to be in such a great part of this country! It was pretty scary moving so far and being so unsure of so many things! It was definitely quite a big leap of faith to come all the way down here with only knowing a couple people.


The biggest blessing here at Lipscomb has been my roommates. Caitlyn is my roommate and then Courtney and Sydney are the two girls on the other side of our suite. They have all made me feel so welcome and we've grown a lot in our friendships since school has started. I already feel super comfortable with them and I love them so much! I'm so excited to see our friendships grow even more over the years! I know that God has placed us all together for a reason!! :)

It's hard being at a new place and not completely adjusted yet and being so far from my parents and extended family. I'm missing my grandma like crazy! I'll be home in 2 weeks though and I can't wait to give everyone hugs and hangout with them and hear more about what's been going on in their lives! They all mean the world to me and it's way harder being away than I thought it would be. Obviously, some days are harder than others. Today just happens to be one of those more difficult days. As you probably know, my grandpa passed away back in June and I still get really upset about that at times . The most unusual things will remind me of him and I just break down. I'm so glad that I can rest in knowing that he's with the Lord, but it's just really hard to let go of someone that I loved so much, shared so much with and cared about so much! The week that he died was seriously one of the hardest weeks of my life and I think back on that quite often. I'm so glad I was there by his bedside for about four days straight up until moments of him passing, but there were a lot of things that I saw that are very traumatic and difficult to move passed. I'm just so glad that the last thing he ever said to me was that he loved me. I will never ever forget that moment! I try to talk to my grandma on a weekly basis and I miss calling over there and hearing my grandpa's voice on the line. I so badly want to come home and visit him and sit with him and share with him what's been going on in my life. I always loved doing that and I wish I would have done that way more. I wish I could hear him say how proud he is of me again! He would say that to me almost every time I left him and I know he always really meant it. I have the banner that was in the flowers at his funeral from the grandchildren that says "We love you Grandpa" hanging on the wall above my desk with some pictures of him under it. I always look at that and just smile with remembering so many great memories of him and my grandma and our family all together!

I've dealt with grieving the loss of things in my life before and it each loss has seems to be more difficult, but I thank God for each and every one of them. I always learn so much during the grieving process of how to lean on God for everyone and how to trust in Him and how He alone will remove the pain one day. I also know that as I struggle through things, I'm learning more about how to deal with the next big wave that will come in my life.

At this time in my life, I am seeing so many of the blessings from the Lord for sticking close to Him even when I felt like I couldn't give Him my all. He was there during those sleepless nights that I was just sobbing and thought my life would never get better. I was in such a low point for a while and I will forever glorify the Lord for getting me out of those times.

God has really been doing a work in me this year and I have so many different passions that He's given me to want to serve Him in so many different ways. I can't wait to have opportunities revealed to me.


A few prayer requests:
Please pray that my anxiety issues will decrease as I still have problems with that sometimes. And also that I will feel the Lord's continuing comfort in difficult times. I will continue to trust that I'm here for a reason!

I hope you all are enjoying this wonderful fall weather!!! :)

0 comments: